Приложении № 7. Разрешения и пермиты. Информация о районах ограниченного посещения, взятая с сайта полиции Химачал Прадеж

Разрешения и пермиты. Информация о районах ограниченного посещения, взятая с сайта полиции Химачал Прадеж


Guidelines for Tourists & Foreigners

Himachal Pradesh Police would like to make your visit to our exciting state as pleasant and safe as possible. You can help us further by following these simple tips while touring Himachal Pradesh.

Carry your wallet in an inside jacket pocket or side pocket of the trousers, never in the rear pocket.

Leave valuables and important papers, such as jewelry and passports, secured in your hotel’s safe deposit box. Never leave these items unattended in your room or carry large sums of cash on your person.

Be wary of unexpected persons coming to your hotel room. Never open the door to unsolicited room service or maintenance people.

Never leave luggage or other expensive items, unattended at airports, Bus Stands or taxi stands.

Wherever available, it is advisable to use pre-paid taxis/auto rickshaws or, pay by meter or ask for the fare chart.

In the main tourist centres, the rates of porters are fixed. For hiring porters and pack animals — especially for treks — these are normally negotiated.

In case of any theft/loss, immediately contact the nearest Police Station

Guidelines for Protected Areas

Protected areas has been defined in the section 2 of the Foreigners Protected Area Order 1958 which is as under:-

A Protected area means any border areas falling beyond the inner line as described in schedule-I

No foreigner shall enter into or remain in any protected areas except under and in accordance with the permit issued by the Central Govt. or any official authorised by the Central Govt. in this behalf.

Following areas in Himachal Pradesh require protected areas permits Khab, Samdo, Dhankar, Tabo, Gompa, Kaza, Morang and Dubling (Lahaul & Spiti).

At present the foreign tourists/foreigners are being permitted to visit the restricted/protected areas by the authorities specified under section 3 of the Foreigners ( Protected Areas) Order 1958 by the State Govt.

Diplomatic & Officials Passport holders who wish to visit, stay or pass through the above mentioned areas and required to obtain necessary protected areas permits from Ministry of External Affairs. Application (in triplicate) should be submitted to the Northern Division, MDA, South Block, Room No. 235, New Delhi giving a minimum of 8 (eight) weeks notice to process the relevant case. However, application does not imply automatic issue of permits.

Such permits for the foreigners who want to visit such places in connection with their engagement with some U.N. Aided or World Bank Project are required to submit their applications to the Resident Commissioner, Himachal Govt., Himachal Bhavan, Sikandra Road, New Delhi. This Officer issues such permits to foreigners required to visit such places in connection with the World Bank or U.N. Aided projects and the Projects sponsored by the Govt. of India or any State Govt. or U.T. Administration. In such cases Resident Commissioner would insist upon a letter of requisition from the sponsoring authority i.e. World Bank or U.N. Agency or a concerned Union Ministry or State Govt. or U.T. Administration under whose aegis the project is being implemented.

Foreigners intending to visit protected areas which are now open for tourism, as tourists in group consisting of four or more foreigners, sponsored by the recognized travel agencies in India with predawn itinerary can gets protected area permits from the State Govt. The H.P. State Govt. has further delegated these powers to District Magistrates in their Jurisdictions.

In this regard following District Magistrates and Sub-Divisional Magistrates in H.P. are authorised to issue Protected Area Permits’ in their respective Territorial limits.

Shimla District : District Magistrate,Shimla. Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Rampur.

Kinnaur District : District Magistrate, Kinnaur at R/Peo. Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Nichar. Sub-Divisional Magistrate, R/Peo. Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Pooh.

Lahaul & Spiti District : District Magistrate, Lahaul & Spiti at Keylong. Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Spiti at Kaza. Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Lahaul at Keylong.

Chamba District : District Magistrate, Chamba. Sub-Divisional Magistrates, Pangi at Kihar, Tisa,Chamba & Bharmour.

Permits and Government Agencies

Many regions in India have been put under restricted area list and special permits are required for undertaking white-water rafting in these areas. In most cases, the Ministry of Home Affairs, consulates/embassies/high commissions of Government of India and foreign residents’ registration offices can provide these permits. Given below is a list of these areas in the states concerned with names of the authorities to contact for permits.

Himachal Pradesh

1. Poo-Khab-Sumdho-Dhankar-Tabo Gompa-Kaza circuit

2. Morang-Dabling circuit

The district magistrate and director general of police of the state are entitled to grant these permits, apart from the regular channels listed above. The Special Commissioner (Tourism) and Resident Commissioner, Government of Himachal Pradesh, Himachal Bhawan, New Delhi also grant such permits. Inner-line permits for the districts of Lahaul and Spiti can be taken from Indo-Tibetan Border Police, Block II, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003. Special permits are required for trekking only. Individual tourists are not permitted to visit these areas.


1. Gangtok

2. Rumtek

3. Phodong

4. Pemayangtse Khecheperi

5. Tashigang

Individual tourists are permitted in these circuits. A maximum of 15 days is allowed. The state government, if necessary, can grant an extension of 15 days on request in the written form.

6. Dzongri in West Sikkim

Individual tourists are not permitted to visit this place. Tourists groups can stay for a period of 16 days.

7. Tsangu (Changu Lake in East Sikkim)

Individual tourists are not permitted. Permit is valid for day visit only. Tourist groups are expected to travel on identified tour circuits only.

8. Mangan, Tong, Singhik, Changthang, Lachung and Yumthang

Individual tourists are not permitted in these circuits. Tourist groups are allowed to stay for five days only.

For more information on getting permits inside Sikkim, tourists may contact Commissioner and Resident Deputy Director (Tourism), Sikkim House, 12 Panchsheel Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi (Phone: 011-3010747, 3013026).

In Gangtok, one can contact the offices of Chief Secretary, Home Secretary, and Secretary (Tourism) of the Government of Sikkim.

Jammu and Kashmir

1. Khaltse Subdivision (Drokahpa Area): Khaltse-Dunkhar-Skroduchan-Hanudo-Biana-Dha

2. Nubra Subdivision

a) Leh-Khardung La-Khalsar-Tirit up to Panasik

b) Leh-Khardung La-Khalsar up to Hunder

c) Leh-Sabo-Digar La-Digar-Labab-Khungru Gompa-Tangar (only for trekking conducted by approved tour operators and accompanied by state police personnel)

3. Nyona Subdivision

a) Leh-Upshi-Chumathang-Mahe-Puga-Tso-Moari Lake/Korzok

b) Leh-Upshi-Debring-Puga-Tso-Moari Lake/Korzok

c) Leh-Karu-Chang La-Durbuk-Tangtse-Lukung-Spankmik

d) Pangong Lake up to Spankmik

The Ministry of Home Affairs and the district magistrates of the respective areas grant permits.

Individual tourists are not permitted to visit the above-mentioned areas. One is not allowed to stay for more than seven days even after getting permits to the restricted circuits. Tourist groups are to travel on identified tour circuits only.